Class: We went over Sediment Stick answers and Chapter 4 Soil Questions 1-12. Today I collected Rock Identification Lab Sheet to grade.
1. Finish Chapter 4 Soil Questions 19-29 tonight. Due tomorrow.
2. Bring in a small bag of soil if you have not done so.
Class: Went over Earthquake/Volcano Test; Students worked on Sediment Stick Lab Questions
1. Finish Chapter 4 Soil Questions 13-18 tonight. Due tomorrow.
2. Finish Sediment Stick Questions...see Google Classroom. (Most students finished this in class today.)
3. Finish worksheet called "Which Rock am I?" (Many students finished this over the weekend)
Class: students took earhquake and volcano test online then worked on Rock ID LAB Sheet
HOMEWORK: Finish Rock Identification Lab Sheet. Use slide show in Google Classroom to finish the sheet.
Class: Today students worked on identify and classifying rocks
1. Test tomorrow on Earthquakes and Volcanoes. Study the 2 Earthquake Study Guides and the Volcano Study Guide. Answers to the study guides are posted in the Google Classroom. There are some online quizzes that I made available on the Google Classroom as well but they are not required.
Class: students worked on Intro to Soil Questions (collaboration) and worked on Rock ID Lab
1. Collect a soil sample. Place 3 spoons of soil into a zip lock bag. Label the bag with your first and last name as well as your Science class period. Due Friday.
2. Finish Chapter 4 Soil and Weathering Questions 6-12 tonight. Due tomorrow.
3. Work on the ONLINE Earthquake and Volcano Quizzes (See document in Google Classroom under "Earthquake and Volcano Study Guide".
Test on Earthquakes and Volcanoes is this Friday. Bring your device!
Class: students worked on Rock Cycle Web Quest today
1. Finish Rock Cycle Web Quest--for the Brain Pop use: wlms/westlake for username and password.
2. Work on the Earthquake and Volcano Online Quizzes (Google Classroom)
Test on Volcanoes and Earthquakes is this Friday.
Class: students read "Main Points for Volcanoes" in the Google Classroom / Students worked on Volcano Study Guide / Students started working on their Chapter 4 Soil Questions
1. Finish your Volcano Study Guide. Due tomorrow.
2. Finish Chapter 4 Soil Questions 1-5 tonight. Due tomorrow.
3. Start testing your knowledge about earthquakes and volcanoes by taking the online quizzes. Try to do at least one tonight.
Class: today students graded the following papers by viewing answer keys in the Google Classroom: Quarter 1 Benchmark / Volcano Chart / Earthquake Study Guide / some students were able to watch a volcano video on Discovery Education
1. Read the Teacher Typed Notes called "Answers to Discovery Ed Volcano Video" (In Google classroom under Volcanoes or attached below)
2. Start studying for Earthquake/Volcano Test. Test will be next Thur 10/12 or Fri 10/13
Class: Google Classroom Assignment called Volcano Chart / went over 3 Types of Faults
1. Finish the Volcano Chart--due tomorrow--see Google Classroom for resources
2. Make sure you are finished with the Earthquake Study Guide--see Google classroom for resources
Class: students worked on a Google Classroom assignment called Types of Faults. Involved red book, website and a video. Students completed a chart.
1. Finish Three Types of Faults activity.
2. FInish Earthquake Study Guide. Use Teacher Notes in Google Classroom, Power Point in Google Classroom, the red book and your notebook.