Tues Class: see Google Classroom (3rd Quarter Daily Agenda)
Tues Homework: Finish worksheet (Solutions, Formulas Name Compounds/Two Kinds of Changes) / Study Matter Vocab---Test Mon 2/26
Wed Class: see 3rd Qtr Daily Agenda in Google Classroom
Wed HW: Finish front side of Matter Study Guide #1
Thursday Class: We started a GOBSTOPPER LAB to test the effect of heat on the solubility of a Gobstopper. Students graded the front side of the Matter Study Guide #1.
Thurs HW: Finish backside of Matter Study Guide! Due tomorrow! Test is Mon 2/26
Fri 2.16.18 Class: graded PPT Quizzes on Elements, Compounds and Mixures; went over more answers to Matter Vocabulary
Fri 2.16.18 HW: Finish CK-12 Changes in Matter Questions 4-8
Mon, 2.19.18 Class: Went over Matter Vocabulary; students worked on Dot Diagram "Elements, Compounds, Mixtures" worksheet, students watched 3 Brain Pops and took Review Quizzes (Conservation of Mass, States of Matter, Matter Changing States)
HOMEWORK: Finish watching 3 brain pop movies above and finish the 3 corresponding review quizzes. Make sure you are finished with Ck-12 Changes in Matter questions 1-8. Start studying your Matter Vocab. Test coming soon.
Class: students took a quiz today using a powerpoint on elements, compounds and mixtures. They were allowed to collaborate with one other student.
1. Finish powerpoint quiz if you did not finish it in class!
2. Read CK-12 "Changes in Matter" / watch embedded videos / Answer "Recall" Questions 1-3 (due tomorrow)
Class: went over answers to Density of 12 Materials Lab / collected Ck-12 Practice Quizzes (2 of them) / students started working on Common Compounds Research
Complete worksheet called Common Compounds (do research) - See Google Classroom for the worksheet
Class: went over answers to "Types of Matter" (answers are posted in Google Classroom under CK-12 Chapter on Matter / Students started working on two practice quizzes for Types of Matter
1. Finish practice quiz # 1 (see Google Classroom->3rd Qtr Daily Agenda for link)
2. Finish Practice Quiz #2 (see 3rd Qtr daily agenda in Google classroom) skip short answer questions
3. Do 50% of the crossword puzzle called Building Blocks of Matter
Class: watched video on Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, looked at Periodic Tables and discussed the organization of the elements / students started working on a worksheet ("Arranging the Elements / We Represent the Elements / The Periodic Table")
1. Finish 3 sections of the worksheet (Arranging Elements, We Represent the Elements, Periodic Table)
2. Make sure you have finished your Density Lab Report and turned it in:
page 1 = lab summary answers 1-18
page 2 = bar graph showing density of 12 materials in descending order
page 3 = data table
Friday Class: see 3rd Quarter Daily Agenda in Google Classroom. We did alot! Took Matter Quiz, Watched Brainpops, took Brain Pop Review Quizzes (Chemical Bonds, Mixtures and Compounds)
Fri HW - finish the list for classwork in 3rd Quarter Daily Agenda for today (see Google Classroom)...Most students finished this in class
Sat Class: watched video and took notes (Mixtures, Compounds, and Elements)
Some students received progress reports.
Sat HOMEWORK: Finish Density of Objects Lab Report - Due Monday / Finish classwork list for Friday 2.9.18 (See Google Classroom)...Most students finished this in class.
Wed Class--students took a intro to matter quiz and worked on bar graph for density
Wed HW--work on Density Lab Report Questions 1-6 and finish bar graph
Thurs Class: Reviewed Matter Vocab, Physical Properties, Chemical Properties, Pure Substances, Mixtures, Homogenous and Heterogenous Mixtures
Thurs HW--Finish Density Lab Report Questions 7-18 (see Google Classroom). Make sure your answers are in complete sentences and are detailed!
Class: finished density lab
study! Quiz tomorrow! See yesterday's post to see what to study or look in Google Classroom (3rd Quarter Daily Agenda)
Class: students worked in lab groups today to find the density of 12 different materials
1. Quiz tomorrow. You must know the meaning of the following terms: DENSITY, MASS, VOLUME, MATTER, WEIGHT, PHYSICAL PROPERTY, CHEMICAL PROPERTY / you must know which units we use for mass, volume and density / you must be able to list some examples of physical properties and some examples of chemical properties. You need to know how to find the volume of a regular and irregular object, you need to know how to calculate density. Make sure you are done with Ck12 Properties of Matter and Types of Matter
2. Wath Brain Pop movie called Atoms and movie called Periodic Table of Elements. Take Review Quiz. Record answers on notebook paper. (wlms / westlake)
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.