Wed Class: see Google classroom for agenda of what we did in class
Wed HW: finish BrainPop worksheet front and back on flower parts and pollination
Thurs Class: See Google Classroom for agenda--Brain Pop Quiz / Observed tulip
Thurs HW: Grade your Study Guide #2 (answers are in Google Classroom) / study for Plant Test. Test is tomorrow.
Class: students observed their seeds and photos of other's seeds germinating. Students recorded observations. See attachment below and Google Classroom for photos of germination progress. We went over Plant Reproduction Slide Questions 1-21. Students started working on Study Guide # 2.
1. Finish Study Guide # 1 (Questions 31-39) Fill in blank
2. Finish Questions 1-10 on Study Guide #2 (short answer) -- Use my two power points (slide shows that are in the Google Classroom to help you answer the questions)
3. Check the quality of your seed observations and drawings....see attachment below
PLANT TEST THIS FRIDAY! Study the two study guides! Use the two power points in Google Classroom to help you!
Class: students worked on Plant Reprodution Questions 1-21. Students used the Google Slides (power point) to find answers. (See Google Classroom for the questions and the slides). Many students finished the questions in class.
1. Finish the Plant Reproduction Questions 1-21
2. Finish the last two slides of the Power Point (slideshow) - This includes watching a few short videos, matching games and quizzes to test your knoweledge on plant parts and pollination
Test on Plants this Friday! (Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, Tropisms, Transpiration, Pollination, Flower Parts)
Class: went over Plant study guide answers 1-30 (see Google Classroom for answers) / started studying flower parts and pollination
Homework: Finish worksheet "Why do plants have flowers? What is pollination?" (both sides)
Test on Plants is on Friday, Dec 1!
Class: we studied the importance of transpiration and tropisms / students observed their seeds / students started their study guides for plant test
1. Make sure you are finished with your Transpiration (#88) drawing and 5 facts
2. Make sure you are finished drawing, coloring and recording observations for your seeds (#89)
3. Finish Plant Study Guide Questions 1-30 tonight. Use the Power Point in Google Classroom and your notebook to help you.
Test on Plants will be Friday, Dec 1. Start studying now!
Class: students did seed germination experiment / students worked on Tropism Questions (CK-12 online chapter) / students started Transpiration reading
1. Finish reading CK-12 online chapter (Tropisms)--most finished this in class today
2. Finish the question, chart and online 10 question quiz (see attachment and Google Classroom)
Class: watched Brain Pop video called Cellular Respiration / took quiz as a group / students worked on homework questions and prepared for tomorrow's experiment
1. Open the document below and finish questions that 8 questions that are circled. We did the highlighted ones on Tues.
Class: went over 13 diagrams that students drew for homework last night and went over video questions and answers 1-12 / Students worked together in their groups to build the balanced chemical equation for PHOTOSYNTHESIS & RESPIRATION.
1. Watch the following video on photosynthesis and RESPIRATION
2 Draw, color and label the following diagram and include the defintions and equations. See attachment or Google Classrroom.
Class: graded Photosynthesis worksheet (see Google Classroom for answer key) / watched video on Photosynthesis. Started homework.
1. Open attached document below. Draw a diagram for each highlighted vocabulary word.
2. Complete the circled & highlighted questions tonight. Do the other circled (non-highlighted questions tomorrow night.)
Class: we went over answers to photosynthesis questions 1-10 (see Google Classroom for answers.) Students copied the balanced equation for photosynthesis and drew and colored the molecules (see Google Classroom)/ students started watching the Brainpop for Photosynthesis and Conservation of Matter
1. Finish watching the Brainpops called PHOTOSYNTHESIS & CONSERVATION OF MASS. Take the review quiz for both. Record your answers and facts for questions you miss. Due Mon, Nov 13
username = wlms
password = westlake
If you are interested in the Run/Walk Club, do the following:
1. Open up the documents attached and print them.
2. Fill out the papers (this includes your doctor filling out the physical form)
3. Return them to Mrs. Earls then you can attend the run/walk club
4. Join the Run/Walk Club Google Classroom so you can see when we will meet (every other Thursday from 2:30-3:15) Class Code to join is: ggzked
Someone must be able to pick you up from school on Thursdays at 3:15 pm in order to attend this club.