Class: students observed sublimation and deposition during the DRY ICE LAB today. Students worked on Dry Ice Lab Summary Questions. Most students finished the questions during class.
1. Study the following for your test tomorrow: Solids, Liquids, Gases Venn Diagram, Matter Vocabulary 18-23, CK-12 Solids, Liquids, Gases & Plasma HW Answers, Dry Ice Lab Summary Answers
2. Finish Dry Ice Lab Summary Questions 1-12 if you did not finish in class today
3. Finish Gobstopper Lab Summary Questions 10-12.
4. Make sure you are finished with your line graph.
TOMORROW I WILL COLLECT GOBSTOPPER LAB SUMMARY ANSWERS, LINE GRAPH, GOBSTOPPER DATA TABLE, DRY ICE LAB SUMMARY ANSWERS. Make sure you have these with you tomorrow to turn in!!!!!
went over Venn Diagram on States of Matter / Students learned how to do a line graph for Gobstopper Solubility Lab
1. Finish line graph
2. Finish Gobstopper Lab Summary Questions 5-9
3. Test on Friday....study venn diagram, ck-12 hw related to states of matter, matter vocabulary 18-23
Class: went over answers to CK-12 Solids, Liquids, Gases and Plasma Questions 1-9 / students collaboratively worked on Venn Diagram. We went over some venn diagram answers in class.
1. Finish Venn Diagram on States of Matter
2. Finish Gobstopper Lab Summary Questions 1-4 using the average data found in Google Classroom. We will make the line graph in class tomorrow. Lab Summary Questions are in Google Classroom under Gobstopper Lab.
Fri Class: went over study guide for Matter / finished Gobstopper Lab (hot water)
Fri HW: study for Matter Test! Test is Monday! Study your two study guides!
Mon 2/26 Class: students took their test on Matter and worked on CK-12 States of Matter assignment. See Google Classroom.
Mon 2/26 HOMEWORK: See "3rd Quarter Daily Agenda" document in Google Classroom. Students need to finish whatever they did not finish in class related to the CK-12 chapter on States of Matter. Finish questions 1-9. Finish the video. FInish the PLIX and finish the simulation. Due tomorrow. Many students nearly finished this in class today.
Tues Class: see Google Classroom (3rd Quarter Daily Agenda)
Tues Homework: Finish worksheet (Solutions, Formulas Name Compounds/Two Kinds of Changes) / Study Matter Vocab---Test Mon 2/26
Wed Class: see 3rd Qtr Daily Agenda in Google Classroom
Wed HW: Finish front side of Matter Study Guide #1
Thursday Class: We started a GOBSTOPPER LAB to test the effect of heat on the solubility of a Gobstopper. Students graded the front side of the Matter Study Guide #1.
Thurs HW: Finish backside of Matter Study Guide! Due tomorrow! Test is Mon 2/26
Fri 2.16.18 Class: graded PPT Quizzes on Elements, Compounds and Mixures; went over more answers to Matter Vocabulary
Fri 2.16.18 HW: Finish CK-12 Changes in Matter Questions 4-8
Mon, 2.19.18 Class: Went over Matter Vocabulary; students worked on Dot Diagram "Elements, Compounds, Mixtures" worksheet, students watched 3 Brain Pops and took Review Quizzes (Conservation of Mass, States of Matter, Matter Changing States)
HOMEWORK: Finish watching 3 brain pop movies above and finish the 3 corresponding review quizzes. Make sure you are finished with Ck-12 Changes in Matter questions 1-8. Start studying your Matter Vocab. Test coming soon.
Class: students took a quiz today using a powerpoint on elements, compounds and mixtures. They were allowed to collaborate with one other student.
1. Finish powerpoint quiz if you did not finish it in class!
2. Read CK-12 "Changes in Matter" / watch embedded videos / Answer "Recall" Questions 1-3 (due tomorrow)
Class: went over answers to Density of 12 Materials Lab / collected Ck-12 Practice Quizzes (2 of them) / students started working on Common Compounds Research
Complete worksheet called Common Compounds (do research) - See Google Classroom for the worksheet
Class: went over answers to "Types of Matter" (answers are posted in Google Classroom under CK-12 Chapter on Matter / Students started working on two practice quizzes for Types of Matter
1. Finish practice quiz # 1 (see Google Classroom->3rd Qtr Daily Agenda for link)
2. Finish Practice Quiz #2 (see 3rd Qtr daily agenda in Google classroom) skip short answer questions
3. Do 50% of the crossword puzzle called Building Blocks of Matter
Class: watched video on Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, looked at Periodic Tables and discussed the organization of the elements / students started working on a worksheet ("Arranging the Elements / We Represent the Elements / The Periodic Table")
1. Finish 3 sections of the worksheet (Arranging Elements, We Represent the Elements, Periodic Table)
2. Make sure you have finished your Density Lab Report and turned it in:
page 1 = lab summary answers 1-18
page 2 = bar graph showing density of 12 materials in descending order
page 3 = data table
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.