Class: students are working on a Space Exploration assignment in Google Classroom. Thursday we watched a documentary called "Can we make it to Mars?"
Friday --we went to computer lab 706 to work on the assignment called Space Exploration. Students were expected to complete Sputnik 1, Sputnik 2 and NASA information. There are 5 topics they have to research for each event. See directions in Google Classroom.
If you did not finish Sputnik 1, Sputnik 2 and NASA in class today, you will need to finish those for homework. Most students finished about 5 events in class today. See the example in the Google Classroom.
Tomorrow is a regular school day. All classes will meet as usual. Please bring all of your science papers and your notebook with you. I will be giving a small reward for the most organized science binders soon.
1. Please check your Science grade online. Turn in any work that you have a zero on.
2. Finish your Planet Chart tonight. You will turn this in for a grade tomorrow.
3. Finish your Earth, Sun, Moon booklet tonight. You will turn this in for a grade tomorrow.
4. Bring your red science textbook from home. Give it to me tomorrow when you arrive to school.
Wed, May 24---1st period Science class will meet during 6th period..started PLANET CHART
Thurs, May 25---3rd period Science class will meet during 6th period...started PLANET CHART
Friday, May 26---4th period Science class will meet during 6th period..Started PLANET CHART
Monday, May 29---Holiday--Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 30--Regular Schedule--all classes will meet at normal times--bring your Science Notebook---I will collect several papers to grade (Practice NCFE, Ch 7 Study Guide, Earth, Sun, Moon Book, Brain Pop Solar System worksheet)
Wed, May 31---Social Studies NCFE--6th period Science class will meet during 6th period...we will work on the PLANET CHART
Thursday, June 1---Planet Chart due
Class: went to computer lab / studied for NCFE / used website in Google classroom and used Online Quizzes in Google classroom
1. Watch Brain Pop video called PLATE TECTONICS and take Review Quiz (The video is excellent and I did not teach you this unit so I want to make sure you understand this topic.) Record your answers on notebook paper and record facts for questions you miss to help you remember the concepts.
2. Study for NCFE. Use the website in Google Classroom and do the online quizzes. (I added a few quizzes on Soil.)
1st period Science class will meet tomorrow during 6th period. Make sure you bring your device and your earbuds. Make sure you bring the following to class:
1. Graded NCFE Practice Test--will collect
2. Graded Ch 7 Study Guide (Open Notes Quiz)
3. Brain Pop worksheet on the Solar System
4. Earth, Sun, Moon Booklet (want to check your progress (will collect and grade on Tues, May 30 unless you are finished and ready to turn it into me tomorrow.)
Class: went to computer lab (see Mon, May 22 agenda in Google Classroom to see what we worked on.
1. Log into Google Classroom. Open up the document called "Agenda for Mon, May 22". Make sure you have finished steps 1-4. You should have finished this in class today! I will collect your graded Ch 7 Study Guide, your graded Practice NCFE test and your Solar System Brain Pop worksheet tomorrow.
2. In the Google classroom, open the document called "Excellent Website for studying for the NCFE". Go to the website, click on the Units Tab. READ the information and study the diagrams for each of the 7 units. If you actually take the time to read the information, it will help you tremendously and will help you to understand the diagrams. If there is something you don't understand, write it down so we can go over it tomorrow in class.
3. In the Google classroom, open the document called "Online Quizzes". Pick your weakest area and take some of the quizzes. Record facts about the questions you missed to help you remember the concepts.
Class: topics covered in class----What Space Spin-Offs are / What quality work looks like for the Earth, Sun, Moon Booklet / The difference between probes and manned missions to space / students took an open notes quiz on earth, sun, moon (they were allowed to use their booklet) / some students worked on the NCFE Released Practice Test.
1. Finish the NCFE Practice Test (See attachment below)
2. Finish page 19 in your booklet (What are space spin-offs?)
3. Finish the Open Notes Quiz if you did not finish it in class (most did)
4. Start taking the online quizzes to help you prepare for the NCFE (see Google Classroom) The Science NCFE is on Wed, May 24. Students should log into the Google Classroom for all kinds of resources to help them prepare.
Open the attachment below to view quality work of the Earth, Sun, Moon Booklet
Class: topics learned and reviewed were: moon phases, solar system parts, the role of inertia and gravity in space, why earth is only planet with life
HOMEWORK: Finish the following pages in your booklet. Make sure you follow my directions on the handout I gave you and make sure you are doing quality work.
Page 16- What are the parts of our solar system? (discussed in class today)
Page 17 - Why don't planets fly off into space? Why doesn't the earth stop rotating like a fidget spinner? (discussed in class today.....students had time to finish this page in class today)
Page 18 - Why is Earth the only planet with life on it? (Discussed in class today)
Please follow the directions in Google Classroom and please use the websites and Power Points in Google Classroom! Each page needs a detailed explanation and a diagram!!
Tomorrow I am giving an open notes quiz on pages 1-18 in your booklet. The only thing you will be allowed to use is your booklet. Make sure you have your booklet with you and that pages 1-18 are finished!
Class: we went over all information related to Tides (spring and neap) / we went over Moon Phases and what causes them / students did a cut and paste activity related to phases of moon / some students worked on booklet
HOMEWORK: Due tomorrow in booklet.....Make sure you follow directions I gave you!! I gave you two paper handouts to follow (directions and resource page) and they are in the Google classroom. You are welcome to use the power points in the Google classroom too!!
page 13--what are the 8 phases of the moon?
page 14--What causes the moon to look full?
page 15 --What causes the moon the new moon?
Class: we went over answers to how all drawings for each page of project should look like thus far (page 2-11) / briefly explained tides / we went to computer lab...students had time to work on the next few pages of their project.
HOMEWORK: finish pages 10-12 in Earth, Sun, Moon booklet....see Google Classroom for project directions, project websites and resources, and power points!!
page 10 - spring tides (worked on in computer lab today)
page 11 - neap tides (worked on in computer lab today)
page 12 - phases of moon (some students worked on this in computer lab today)
I posted a TIDES and PHASES OF MOON power point in Google Classroom for you to use!
Class: went over answers to reasons for night and day, seasons, equinoxes, solstices, and eclipses / we went to computer lab to work on project
1. Make sure you are finished with pages 2-8 in your Earth, Sun and Moon booklet by tomorrow. Make sure you are following the directions that are posted in Google Classroom (students also have a hard copy of the directions and resource page).
page 2--rotation/revolution --worked on this in class last week
page 3--day and night--worked on this in class last week
page 4 --seasons---worked on this in class last week
page 5--summer and winter solstice--worked on in class on Fri (was due today)
page 6 --spring and fall equinox--taught in class today and had time in lab today
page 7 --solar eclipse --taught in class today and had time in computer lab today
page 8 --lunar eclipse--taught in class today and had time in computer lab today
Several students asked me to post the power points used today. They can be found in the Google Classroom. Please use them!