Class: we went to media center computer lab to work on Earth, Sun, Moon Interactions Project
HOMEWORK: Due Monday, May 15—
Class: students took a test on waves, sound and light / students worked on a worksheet called "What causes Seasons"
1. Finish the worksheet called "What Causes Seasons?"
2. Grade your worksheet --use the attached answer key--use a red pen to grade--fix mistakes
3. Finish Section 2 Heat Transfer Questions 9, 14, 17, 22, 23--due tomorrow
4. Bring earbuds/headphones to class tomorrow. We will be working in the computer lab on the Earth, Sun, Moon Project
5. Update/organize your binder---see table of contents attached
Class: we went over answers to Computer Activities related to Heat Transfer / I explained the Earth, Sun, Moon Interactions Project and we started working on it. Some students finished page 2 and 3 in class today.
1. Study! Test tomorrow on Waves, Sound and Light. See Monday, May 8 Weebly post for everything you need to study!
2. Finish page 2 and page 3 of Earth, Sun and Moon Interactions booklet by tomorrow. See example attached below.
Class: went over 2 charts on conduction, convection, radiation, conductors and insulators / went over last night's homework answers / students worked on Computer Activities related to Heat Transfer
1. Finish Computer Heat Transfer Activities 1-8 (you can skip #6 -Discovery Ed)---pdf is attached to yesterday's post. Due tomorrow.
2. Study for the test you will have this Thursday on Waves, Sound, Light (See yesterday's post for all necessary info for studying).
Class: we went over the papers and things that students should study to prepare for the test this Thursday. Test is on waves, sound and light. We started a unit on Heat Transfer by using the computer to do some activities.
1. Finish Chap 17 Section 1 Questions 1-8 (see attached document... Heat Transfer)
2. Finish the two charts (Question 1) on the Heat Transfer Computer Activities if you did not finish it in class. Most students finished this in class.
3. Grade your Waves, Sound and Light Study Guide (see pdf attached)
4. Start studying for WAVES, SOUND, LIGHT TEST. (see attached pdf called "Test Preparation" Test is this Thursday.
Class - May 5 -- today students took an open notes quiz on eye parts and functions; they also graded their light study guide and finished their light lab sheet. Some students finished the STUDY GUIDE for the WAVES, SOUND & LIGHT Test.
1. Finish STUDY GUIDE for WAVES, SOUND & LIGHT TEST --due Mon (check your answers below)
2. Organize your SCIENCE BINDER! See attached TABLE OF CONTENTS.
TEST ON WAVES, SOUND AND LIGHT NEXT WEEK.
Class: we finished going over answers to Section 5 Light Questions / went over answers to Bending a Laser Beam video questions / went over answers to Eye is like a Camera / students worked on Light Lab --used mirrors to reflect light and used refraction block to bend light
1. Finish LIGHT STUDY GUIDE --due tomorrow
2. Organize your notebook!!! Students will have a test on Waves, Sound and Light soon. The first thing they should do is organize their papers so they can study them! Use the attached TABLE OF CONTENTS so you can at least organize 4th quarter papers. Students will have an open notes quiz tomorrow so they will need an organized notebook!
Class: we went over answers to Section 5 - Uses of Light / students experimented with lenses and prisms today!
1. Finish worksheet called " A Camera is Like an Eye / Light & Eyesight"
2. Watch the video called "Bending a Laser Beam". Answer questions 1-7. See attached document for video link and questions.
Class: students graded their EYE PARTS AND FUNCTIONS sheet (see yesterday's post for answers) / we started the LIGHT LAB--experimented with spectroscopes today
1. Finish Light Section 5 Questions 1-10 tonight (USES OF LIGHT)--Due tomorrow
2. Study Wave Vocabulary, Wave Practice Quiz and Main Concepts for Waves--Quiz this week (either Thursday or Friday).
Class: we went over answers to Light Sections 3 (Refraction) and Section 4 (Seeing Light); students were supposed to correct their papers. Students started working on their homework (Eye parts and Functions worksheet)
1. Finish EYE PARTS AND FUNCTIONS WORKSHEET. Make sure you color all 7 parts a different color.
2. Experiment with Phet Simulation called BENDING LIGHT. Record at least two things you learned from this simulation.
3. Experiment with Phet Simulation called COLOR VISION. Record at least two things you learn from this simulation.