Friday Class: see 3rd Quarter Daily Agenda in Google Classroom. We did alot! Took Matter Quiz, Watched Brainpops, took Brain Pop Review Quizzes (Chemical Bonds, Mixtures and Compounds)
Fri HW - finish the list for classwork in 3rd Quarter Daily Agenda for today (see Google Classroom)...Most students finished this in class
Sat Class: watched video and took notes (Mixtures, Compounds, and Elements)
Some students received progress reports.
Sat HOMEWORK: Finish Density of Objects Lab Report - Due Monday / Finish classwork list for Friday 2.9.18 (See Google Classroom)...Most students finished this in class.
Wed Class--students took a intro to matter quiz and worked on bar graph for density
Wed HW--work on Density Lab Report Questions 1-6 and finish bar graph
Thurs Class: Reviewed Matter Vocab, Physical Properties, Chemical Properties, Pure Substances, Mixtures, Homogenous and Heterogenous Mixtures
Thurs HW--Finish Density Lab Report Questions 7-18 (see Google Classroom). Make sure your answers are in complete sentences and are detailed!
Class: finished density lab
study! Quiz tomorrow! See yesterday's post to see what to study or look in Google Classroom (3rd Quarter Daily Agenda)
Class: students worked in lab groups today to find the density of 12 different materials
1. Quiz tomorrow. You must know the meaning of the following terms: DENSITY, MASS, VOLUME, MATTER, WEIGHT, PHYSICAL PROPERTY, CHEMICAL PROPERTY / you must know which units we use for mass, volume and density / you must be able to list some examples of physical properties and some examples of chemical properties. You need to know how to find the volume of a regular and irregular object, you need to know how to calculate density. Make sure you are done with Ck12 Properties of Matter and Types of Matter
2. Wath Brain Pop movie called Atoms and movie called Periodic Table of Elements. Take Review Quiz. Record answers on notebook paper. (wlms / westlake)
Class: went over answers to Density Duck and Density Problems (see Google Classroom for answer key). Explained some procedures for upcoming Density of Objects Lab. Students started predicting the densities of the 12 objects.
1. Finish the following questions in the CK12 "Types of Matter" chapter:
a. questions 5-7 (Apply Concepts)
b. questions 6-8 (Think Critically)
c. questions 9-10 (Points to Consider)
Class: Students are learning how to calculate the density of an object and learning how to read a scale on a graduated cylinder. See 3rd Quarter Agenda in Google Classroom.
1. Make sure you are finished with the Graduated Cylinder worksheet and the Density Duck worksheet by tomorrow. See Google Classroom for help.
2. Read CK-12 chapter "Types of Matter", watch the videos and answer "Recall Questions" 1-4.
Class: finished mass of objects lab; entered class data; started bar graph
1. Finish Google Classroom assignment called "Properties of Matter" (Read ck12 chapter, watch aerogel embedded video, do questions 1-10)
2. Use my class average data in red (attached below) to make your bar graph. See my attached bar graph too.
Class: students took an Ecology Quiz / students worked in pairs to predict the mass of 16 objects then used the triple beam balance to find the mass of those 16 objects.
1. Read the Ck-12 chapter called Properties of Matter
2. Answer the dinosaur question, the 4 "Recall" questions, the 2 "Apply Concepts" questions, the 1 "Think Critically" question and 2 "Points to Consider" questions. See Google Classroom assignment for more clarity.
-Class: see Google Classroom 3rd Quarter Daily Agenda for Jan 25--students had to accomplish alot in class today (graded biome papers and worked on What is Matter?) / students got their photos taken during science today too
1. See Google Classroom 3rd Quarter Daily Agenda for HW
2. Due tomorrow: complete entire Google Class assignment called "What is Matter?"
Quiz Monday on all assignments related to ecosystems and ecology-organize your science papers in your binder and study them!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.