Class: students are learning the triangulation method for locating the epicenter of an earthquake and we are learing about the recent earthquakes that occurred in Mexico during the month of September.
1. Finish Epicenter & Mexico Earthquake Questions 1-24. Due tomorrow.
Class: all students learned how to log into Homebase so they can check their grades online! / Students are learning how scientists locate the epicenter of an earthquake.
1. Get your 1st Quarter Grade & Reflection Sheet that you made today in class signed tonight.
2. Finish Epicenter Questions 1-10 tonight. We did 1-6 together in class today. Open Google classroom to see the assignment sheet. Students also have a hard copy of the question sheet.
3. Update your table of contents and organize your binder. We are on assignment 57.
Tues Class: watched Brain Pop called TYPES OF ROCKS, took quiz as group, turned in quiz/ watched Brain Pop called ROCK CYCLE, took quiz as a group, turned in quiz/ went over chap 3 rock questions 1-6
Tues Homework: Finish Ch 3 Rock Questions 7-14
Wed Class: watched Brain Pop called SOIL and took quiz, turn quiz in; watched Brain Pop called WEATHERING, took quiz, turn it in/ went over Ch 3 answers 7-14
Wed Homework: Finish Ch 3 Rock Questions 15-20
1st Quarter Benchmark is Friday, September 8--the following topics are on the test: plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, rocks, soil
Class: finish observing 4 volcanic rocks / fill out chart!!! / we watched a power point on earthquakes and volcanoes /
1. Make sure you finish your chart called "Observe 4 Vocanic Rocks"! See attachments below. Many students finished this in class.
2. Make sure you grade your Earthquake Study Guide. See attachment below.
3. Make sure you organize your Science binder! All papers should be numbered and put in order in your binder.
SCIENCE BENCHMARK TEST WILL BE NEXT FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8. There will be questions on the test about the following topics: PLATE TECTONICS, EARTHQUAKES, VOLCANOES, ROCKS, SOIL
See Google Classroom to view the Earthquake Power Point and the Volcano Power Point
Class: Students received their grades for the Plate Tectonics Test / we went over answers to the test /Students started observing 4 Volcanic Rocks
1. Finish steps 1-3 on "Observing 4 Volcanic Rocks". Draw the chart. We will finish observing the rocks and filling out the chart tomorrow.
2. Finish Chapter 3 Rock Questions 1-6 tonight. Write in complete sentences on notebook paper.
Class: reviewed answers to seismic wave comparison chart / students collaborated and worked on earthquake study guide (used book and Power Point in Google Classroom.)
1. Finish Chapter 6 Questions 27-30--due tomorrow
2. Finish Earthquake Study Guide and grade it (use my answer key attached below)
Class: watched Tsunami Brain Pop; students collaborated and took the review quiz; we discussed the three different types of seismic waves
1. Finish National Geographic Earthquake worksheet (in Google classroom) or attached below--due tomorrow
2. Finish Chapter 6 Questions 22-26 --due tomorrow
3. Finish the Seismic Wave Comparison Chart if you did not finish it in class (see attachment below)
Class: we watched a Brain Pop on Earthquakes. Students collaborated in their groups on the Earthquake Brain Pop Review Quiz. Students worked on Chapter 6 Earthquake Questions.
1. Finish Chapter 6 Questions 1-21 by tomorrow. (You should have been done with 1-15 when you came to class today.)
2. Try to finish National Geographic Earthquake Questions by Wednesday of this week.